The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is constructing a new interchange along I-15 at Shepard Lane in Farmington, Utah. This new interchange will help alleviate congestion, connect communities, and improve safety for all modes of transportation. Improvements included as part of this project include:
- A new diamond interchange on I-15 at Shepard Lane
- A direct connection from 1500 West to the Shepard Lane interchange
- Construction of a new roadway between Innovator Drive and 1500 West
- Construction of new shared-use facilities at Shepard Lane and Park Lane
- North- and southbound auxiliary lanes between Shepard Lane and Park Lane
- Removal of the existing Shepard Lane bridge at I-15
This interchange will improve walking and biking facilities over I-15 at Shepard Lane and along Park Lane. Multi-modal improvements at Shepard Lane include the construction of a 10-foot shared-use trail on the north side of Shepard Lane and sidewalks on the south side. Park Lane multi-modal improvements include a new multi-modal path connecting FrontRunner facilities on the west side of I-15 to Park Lane east of US-89.