300 South Improved
300 South Improved
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will begin road construction on US-89 (300 South) between University Avenue and 500 West in February 2024. Reconstruction is expected to continue through the end of the year.
The roadway between University Avenue and 500 West will be reconstructed in a similar layout as previous projects on U.S. 89 in Provo have done. This will improve the roadway and underground infrastructure while providing better transportation options for all kinds of road users.
Dominion Gas is working on installing new gas lines on both sides of 300 South. This work will require the closure of one lane in both directions. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes when possible. During this work, the sidewalks and some of the driveways will need to be removed to install the gas lines. This work is outside of the project and is not being directed by UDOT. Questions should be directed to Tempest Enterprises, Inc. by calling 801-262-4165 or emailing email@example.com. Once Dominion has finished installing the gas lines the project will begin reconstruction on 300 South.
- Expect one lane of traffic in each direction
- On-street parking will be removed
- Individual service lines will be reconnected or replaced
- Replacing 300 South asphalt with concrete pavement
- Upgrading the roadway drainage system with storm drain, curb and gutter
- Replacing aged underground utilities including sewer and culinary water
- Adding new pedestrian/bicycle crosswalks in several locations
- Widening the sidewalk on both sides of 300 South
- Reconstructing driveway approaches
- Adding on-street bicycle lanes
- Installing "bump-outs" on 400 West to reduce the crossing distance at intersections without painted crosswalks
- Installing raised medians between blocks to improve safety
- *In locations with existing buildings at the back of sidewalk, widening may be required if or when those properties are redeveloped.
Cross-section of 300 South
A contractor has been selected
February 14, 2024
FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLIC INQUIRIES
Project Hotline: 888-556-0232