Construction will pause from Wednesday, Nov. 22, at 3 p.m. through Monday, Nov. 27, at 5 a.m. in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Traffic control will remain in the area to protect the work zone.
Saturday, November 18
Crews will be placing materials to reconnect driveways to Redwood Road from 6020 S. to 6321 S.
- Intermittent driveway interruptions are expected.
- Use alternate parking where possible
Asphalt paving on the south side of Redwood Road and 6200 S. intersection will also take place.
- Pay attention to shifting traffic patterns
- Expect delays while traveling through the work zone and take alternate routes if possible.
Please get in touch with the Public Involvement Team at 385-955-5595 if you have any questions or concerns about your driveway.
Crews will continue preparing the east side of Redwood Road from the EB on-ramp to 6321 South for sidewalk, curb, gutter, and driveway installation.
*Construction schedule is subject to change due to weather, utility, and materials delays
Independent third-party utility work continues. If you experience disturbances, please get in touch with the respective utility company:
- Rocky Mountain Power: 1-888-221-7070
- CenturyLink: (800) 251-4505
- Dominion Energy: 1-800-323-5517
- Taylorsville-Bennion Improvement District: 801-968-9081 (after hours hotline: 801-483-3454)
- Comcast: 1-800-934-6489
- Pay attention to shifting travel lanes
- Anticipate delays while traveling through the work zone. Take alternate routes if possible.
- Lanes will remain in the shifted configuration through the end of the project.
- Speed limit is reduced and will be enforced.
- Follow posted signs & use caution while traveling through the work zone.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will begin construction on SR-68 (Redwood Road) from 6200 South to I-215 in Spring 2023. In order to improve traffic flow and increase safety on the corridor and at the interchange, this project will:
Add a northbound travel lane from 6200 South to the I-215 interchange
Install a partial continuous flow intersection (CFI) to the south leg of the 6200 intersection for northbound traffic
Place dual on-ramps lanes on both eastbound and westbound accesses onto I-215.
What to Expect
- Lane restrictions and travel delays
- Sidewalk may be temporarily closed on the east side - Detours will be marked
- Day and night construction activities
- Increased noise, dust, and vibration
- Construction equipment and vehicles near travel lanes
- Utility work
Construction: Spring 2023 - Spring 2024
Daytime Work Hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Nighttime Work Hours: 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
*Schedule are subject to change due to weather conditions and material availability.
UDOT Top Ten Projects Articles:
To stay up-to-date on construction progress and impacts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Subscribe" in the subject line.