Work would include:
- A new two-lane road (one lane in each direction)
- A grade separated pedestrian crossing (to be built separately)
This project will benefit the rapid growth in Vineyard and compliment efforts to develop the town center, consolidate rail lines, and complete the Utah Transit Authority's (UTA's) FrontRunner station. Design and construction of the remaining Vineyard Connector segments are unfunded but are identified as being needed in Phase 1 of MAG's 2050 regional transportation plan (2021-2030). Watch the team talk more about the project on a Vineyard City Facebook Live here.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Day work Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Night work as needed
- Additional truck and construction vehicle traffic in the project area
- Increased noise, vibration, dust and lighting
OVERPASS BRIDGE PROJECT OVERVIEW
UDOT, in partnership with Vineyard City, will construct an overpass bridge across the new Vineyard Connector roadway extension that is scheduled to be built from 800 North to 1600 North. The overpass is planned to be wide enough to accommodate:
- A new two lane road (one lane in each direction)
- Bike lanes
- Sidewalks (ranging between 10-24 feet in width)
The bridge will increase connectivity and safety for Vineyard City residents by providing a pedestrian and bicycle-friendly overpass that will connect the city’s planned town center and FrontRunner station to Utah Lake and residential areas west of the Vineyard Connector.
ROADWAY CONSTRUCTION: Early - Late 2023
OVERPASS CONSTRUCTION: 2024 - 2025
HOTLINE: 385-853-VINE (8463)