US-89 Orem Improved
US-89 Orem Improved
Safety Improvements to begin at Center Street & State Street as early as July 18
Since the 2018 Orem State Street Mobility Study, the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and Orem City have been working together to address traffic congestion and safety on State Street. The study identified a number of intersections that could be improved in Orem by adjusting signal timing, adding designated right-turn lanes, installing raised medians, extending turn-pockets and allowing U-turns where feasible. Making State Street safer, more efficient, and predictable is an important priority for UDOT, Orem City, businesses, property owners and motorists.
CENTER STREET & STATE STREET
As early as July 18, construction at the intersection of Center Street and State is expected to being. Improvements include:
- raised medians on State and Center
- pedestrian ramp replacement extending turn-lanes
- signal timing
- resurfacing the roadway
Construction Activities and Impacts
- Beginning Thursday, August 11, at 4 a.m. - noon. The inside lane of traffic to be closed in both directions. Both turn lanes northbound and southbound will be closed and motorists are advised to use alternate routes during this work.
- . The inside lane of traffic to be closed in both directions and both turns lane to northbound US-89 will be closed.
- , crews will be pouring concrete at the 100 North area. This work will require the closure of the northbound outside travel lane. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes during this work.
- The side of the intersection of 200 North at State Street is closed through August 20 while crews work on reconstructing the crossing. Motorists can use Center Street or 400 North as alternate routes.
- The eastbound lane at 100 North and State Street is closed through late August while crews work on reconstructing the crossing. Motorists can use Center Street or 200 North as alternate routes. Please obey all traffic control for the safety of all motorists, pedestrians, and crew.
Future Safety Improvements
Safety, accessibility and mobility enhancements in these areas will include:
- improving signal timing
- adding designated right-turn lanes
- installing raised medians
- extending turn-pockets
- allowing U-turns where feasible
Future Locations Include:
- 800 North (Canyon Crossing Area)
- University Parkway & State Street
- 400 North & State Street
- 1200 North & State Street
- 1600 North & State Street
- 800 South & State Street
The project has a communications team that can be contacted by calling 888-556-0232 or emailing email@example.com.