Upcoming Construction Activities*
Crews expect to begin roadway resurfacing activities as early as Wednesday, September 20.
- Crews will begin with repairs underneath the roadway's surface throughout the week.
- These activities will take place during nighttime hours (7 p.m. – 6 a.m.)
- Drivers should remain alert to changing traffic patterns and lane shifts through this area. Anticipate delays and consider alternate routes.
- Noise, dust, night lighting, and vibration are expected.
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to weather, utility, and material delays
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) plans to resurface 5400 South from 4800 West to Bangerter Highway from July 31 through late fall 2023*. This project will resurface the roadway to extend the life of the pavement, replace various utility covers, and reconstruct various pedestrian access ramps.
Drivers are advised to expect changing traffic patterns, intermittent lane restrictions, and to follow posted detours.
What to Expect
- Traffic restrictions
- Noise, dust, and vibrations
- construction vehicles and equipment in the area
- Nighttime construction activities Mon – Sat (7 p.m. – 6 a.m.)
- Occasional daytime work
- To stay updated on construction progress and impacts, please email 5400SouthImproved@utah.gov with "Subscribe" in the subject line.
- Contract our public involvement team at (855)663-6800 and learn more about the project by visiting the project website.
- Project impacts on travel can be found on the UDOT Traffic website www.udot.utah.gov/traffic or by downloading the UDOT Traffic app.
Construction: Summer 2023 – Fall 2023
Nighttime Work Hours with Occasional Daytime Activities
Workday: Monday – Saturday
*Schedules are subject to change due to wather conditions and material availability
To contact the public information team with questions or concerns: