Construction Update - May 19, 2023
Crews will begin building the new outside lane on the eastbound I-215 on-ramp as early as Monday, May 22.
Storm drain and new pipe work continues in the roadway along Redwood Road.
Crews continue clearing away various items including dirt, trees, signs, sidewalk, driveways, and fencing starting at the I-215 on-ramps to approximately 6400 South.
Construction activities and utility work will take place during daytime and nighttime hours. No service impacts are anticipated. Nearby residents can expect noise, dust, and vibration.
- Pay attention to new shifted northbound and southbound traffic configurations. Shifted lanes will remain in this configuration through the end of the project.
- Be alert to changing traffic patterns, reduced speed limits, lane shifts, and lane width restrictions.
- Follow posted signs & use caution while traveling through the work zone.
- Anticipate delays through this area and consider alternative routes.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will begin construction on SR-68 (Redwood Road) from 6200 South to I-215 in Spring 2023. In order to improve traffic flow and increase safety on the corridor and at the interchange, this project will:
Add a northbound travel lane from 6200 South to the I-215 interchange
Install a partial continuous flow intersection (CFI) to the south leg of the 6200 intersection for northbound traffic
Place dual on-ramps lanes on both eastbound and westbound accesses onto I-215.
What to Expect
- Lane restrictions and travel delays
- Sidewalk may be temporarily closed on the east side - Detours will be marked
- Day and night construction activities
- Increased noise, dust, and vibration
- Construction equipment and vehicles near travel lanes
- Utility work
- Rocky Mountain Power: 1-888-221-7070
- Dominion Energy: 1-800-323-5517
- Taylorsville-Bennion Improvement District: 801-968-9081 (after hours hotline: 801-483-3454)
Construction: Spring 2023 - Spring 2024
Nighttime Work Hours with Occasional Daytime Activites
*Schedule are subject to change due to weather conditions and material availability.
UDOT Top Ten Projects Articles:
To stay up-to-date on construction progress and impacts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Subscribe" in the subject line.